Thursday, June 26, 2008

What to Say?

So, when I decided to start blogging I thought it would be very easy to come up with topics on a daily basis. As you can see, I haven't blogged since Monday. I can't think of anything important to say this week for some reason. So, I decided to just start rambling and see what happens...

Rambling 1...
I spent 5 hours yesterday cleaning my house top to bottom. All of this was done in anticipation of a showing scheduled yesterday afternoon. Of course, whoever came to look at the house didn't even take one of the color flyers off the counter. But at least the house is spotless and will be much easier to maintain.

Rambling 2...
Conference calls. Why is it that just sitting on a conference call and listening to other people talk is so exhausting? I've had 4 or 5 one to two-hour conference calls all week long and I am so tired.

Rambling 3...
When I was on my extended maternity leave with my baby, I started making my own laundry soap as a way to save money and stay on budget. A friend of mine posted a link to a book called Clean House, Clean Planet and also talked about making her own cleaning supplies. So - my copy of the book arrived Monday and I was able to use my own, home-made cleaning products yesterday during my cleaning spree. It was wonderful. I still need to get some oils for fragrance...my floors were a bit vinegary smelling yesterday. If you are at all earth-conscious or budget-conscious then I would highly recommend checking out the book. Its really nice to know that what I'm cleaning the bathtub with won't hurt my daughter later when I put her in the tub! And it was fun to make my own products and then enjoy using them.

Rambling 4...
I need to lose 37 pounds. I had big plans. My 20th high school reunion is in August and I had planned to be slim again for that. However, I get started...loose 5 to 10 pounds...and then gain it back. Most of this weight is baby weight (yes - I know she's 2 now)... and part of it is just from gaining a bit at a time after getting married and quitting smoking. (August will be 4 years!!!!!!) Anyway - then I think about having another baby and what would be the point of loosing a bunch of weight to only gain it back again with another baby? So, at this point I'm thinking I'll just have another baby and then go on a diet to loose all the weight. Its such a battle and I don't seem to have the will power....the will power to NOT eat and the will power to drag myself to the gym each week. I told my husband that I have a gym membership just so I can carry the little tag on my keychain. *let's out long sigh...* You may wonder why I started rambling about this...well a while back I read something on WW regarding motivation. One person said that her WW leader gave them a paperclip for each pound they lost. So I got out the right number of paperclips and linked them all together and put them in two groups - pounds to loose and pounds lost. I look at this everyday on the wall in my office. The paperclips are not moving groups. In fact, I think I need to start back over...I may even need to add a few. :-( I have always been a small person...and I've never had to struggle with weight before. I'm not sure I like this getting older thing...

I guess that's it for Thursday afternoon ramblings...
~Yvette~

2 comments:

Heather said...

That'swhat we mostly do in the blogging world ... ramble on and on ... ;)

I'm glad you like the cleaners. I love them, especially now that I bought lavender and tea tree oil (I got them at The Vitamin Shoppe).

:)

Christy Duffy said...

Hey Yvette!

I totally understand what you mean about the baby weight... of course, my baby's 8 now so that excuse is long gone! I need to lose a bunch before the reunion, too, but I don't see it happening... we'll just have to stick together.

Looking forward to seeing you there!
Christy

PS: Keep blogging!