Monday, June 23, 2008

What to do when you don't know what to do...

That was the title of the sermon yesterday at church. And, as is the case most of the time - it was a message that I really needed to hear. Chris and I are talking about a few big decisions for our life and our family. I told him, "we just have to pray about these things." The struggle is making sure we hear God's message for us. So when we sat down and I saw the title I was like...wow how appropriate is this since we were just talking about it.

The sermon was based on Pslams 27. I would recommend reading the passage and studying the meaning with the following points from the sermon in mind:

1) Do I Know the Lord? (verses 1-3)
2) Do I Love the Lord? (verses 4-10)
3) Am I Listening to the Lord? (verses 11-14)

We were reminded that if we look to GOD (even in really tough times) we will be OK. 1 Corinthians 10:13 tells us "No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it." (The Message)

I think that's hard to remember sometimes. A lot of times when we get really frustrated and upset with circumstances it's easy to get caught up and blame God. Instead of looking to God to bring us through and make us stronger. It's Satan that wants us to worry and complain and loose sight of God.

So, all this to say that I have my answer now. Instead of just making decisions on our own and wondering if we are doing the right thing...I will focus on knowing God, loving God, and listening to God. Then I believe the answers and His will will be clearer to us. I'm sure at times we'll still have trouble discerning His will...but at least now I have clear steps to follow that will keep me going in the right direction.

~Yvette~

No comments: