Tonight is a women's Bible study at church called Chill-Ville. Several Sunday's ago we saw the pastor and his wife at lunch after church and she mentioned this event to us. I was excited because it wasn't an ongoing lesson - where if you missed one you felt a little behind. So, Chris is going to watch Jessica tonight and I'm going to go. I had wanted to make sure that my friend was going too...but now I've decided I'm going to go anyway. (I'm actually a bit shy in groups when I don't know anyone and am always nervous about going to this type of event by myself.) But I know too that once I get there I will enjoy it and learn a lot.
My hope is that I can get more involved in church and have attending church become the norm instead of the exception. It seems I always let life get in the way. Or I'm constantly telling myself - we'll start next week - there's too much going on this weekend. Or, we'll be out of town the next weekend so we'll start after that. I know that should not be my attitude and that I need to put God and my faith first. I know that during the times in my life when that was the case - everything was better. Not always easier...but easier to handle. And I was happier. I guess the question for me now is...how do you get that back when it feels like its an eternity away? I hope I'm making the first steps by going to church more regularly and starting this women's Bible group/night.
~Yvette~
2 comments:
I'll be there :) ... see ya!
Hopefully you guys got to hook up tonight. Grace is a great place to build community with other believers. I've never been in a church as focused on connecting believers than this one.
Hope you had a good time tonight.
Blessings,
Brandon
Post a Comment