Friday, June 20, 2008

Budgets and Groceries...

I don't know about you but we always struggle with staying on budget. One of the big areas where we always go over is groceries. I've asked a few friends what they suggest and one thing I heard was - planning! Given my busy work schedule I've been having a hard time with that. But - I recently found the following site that I think will help a lot. This is pretty easy to use and very inexpensive so I wanted to share with all my family and friends.

http://e-mealz.com/

The have Weight Watcher options, vegetarian options, regular options, etc. And what I like is it is already planned out with a shopping list. Check it out and let me know if you want to join too as they do have a referral program and I would need to get a code.

Another option we do quite often is The Dinner A'Fair. You make 12 meals in 2 hours. The cost is a bit more than it would be if you did all the shopping - but you don't have to do all the shopping. That makes it very nice. The big issue then is just remember to lay out the meals. :-) This is also a fun "girls" night. If you are interested in that - let me know and we could plan a girl's night out.

If you have other helpful tips for staying on the grocery budget - please post and share. I can use all the help I can get.

Also - we heard about the e-Mealz site while listening to Dave Ramsey. If you aren't familiar with him - I would recommend checking out his site too. We are very much on our way to getting gazelle intense with our debt reduction plan!

http://www.daveramsey.com


~Yvette~

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm a planner here ... I plan out a menu for the entire week and it helps me stay wihtin the desired range :) .... although that's getting harder and harder these days ... don't get me started!

~Heather

~Yvette~ said...

I did that this week for the first time, pulling meal ideas from past eMealz menus and it worked out really well. I'm going to try and plan and shop a week at a time from now on!!!