In addition to being inspired to start my own blog based on Heather's daily blogging... I also finally broke down yesterday and made some cupcakes. Heather is obsessed with cupcakes and is always talking about them in her posts. She puts up wonderful pictures of the ones she makes and they make my mouth water just looking at them. After weeks of reading about her cupcakes I couldn't resist any longer. I looked up the recipe she mentioned, bought the ingrediants, got one new muffin pan, and for the first time ever made the batter and the icing from scratch. Well...all I can say is Yummy. However, I cooked them a bit too long and the icing is not quite the right consistency. I think I'll just have to make more and continue to perfect them as I practice. The icing is basically pure sugar - which is a bit too much for me. I'll have to see if I can find some alternate recipes for a frosting not so rich. They are better today than they were last night as the icing has "set."
Getting ready to make the cupcakes with a great assistant...

The first attempt at completely home-made cupcakes...

And finally...what makes all the mess worth while...
3 comments:
Hey you!
You gotta love cupcakes!!! Welcome to the blogging world...it can be addictive!
Brandon
Who doesn't love cupcakes???? Welcome to the blogging world ... now I expect comments from you on my blog ;)
~Heather :)
She is so big. Has it really been that long since we've seen you guys?
Post a Comment