I had completely forgotten what it's like to have a puppy. Bella quickly brought me up to speed. She's growing so much and getting into all kinds of trouble. She's a chewer. Our basset hounds didn't really chew anything. Bella will chew everything... including the corner of the stairs and couch!
She's sort of sleeping through the night now. She only wakes once between 4 and 5. The problem is - she refuses to go back in her box. So if I don't want her to wake up the rest of the house with her crying and barking - she and I get to sleep on the couch the rest of the "night."
She loves to wrestle and play with the basset's and they all love to chase the cat.The only downside to the new puppy is that due to the increase in activity that the basset's are getting - Baily is having issues again with his hips. We've also found out he has a thyroid problem and needs to lose 30 pounds. It's a sad time for Bailey right now. No more treats all day long, diet food, and lots of meds.
But, I will tell you what makes it all worth while. When Jessica is holding Bella and looks at me and says - "I love you mommy - thank you for getting me Bella!"




No comments:
Post a Comment