I follow several blogs on a regular basis, and have added some this year. Reading and enjoying other people's blogs always makes me think of my own. I think it is hilarious that I only made 2 entries last year - both about resolutions that were abandoned right way. So this year, NO resolutions! Just a hope that I'll stick to the diet (Weight Watchers) and exercise program that we started (I'm actually really enjoying it), and that I'll update this blog more than just this one time! We shall see. Maybe next January I can just cut and paste the same blog entries! Let's HOPE not!
BUT here is an update to start the new year....
Christmas and New Year's with Family
We spent Christmas Eve and morning with my mom, step-dad, brother, his new wife, and his daughter in Cumming GA this year. It was a wonderful time and the girls really enjoyed being with each other! After opening presents and enjoying and excellent Christmas morning casserole, we packed up and headed to Chris' parent's house to enjoy a second Christmas. It was good to see and spend time with the family. We headed home around 5 (sans Jessica but with the new puppy) for a quite evening at home. We got completely sucked into watch The Walking Dead! It was really good and neat to see scenes from the Atlanta area in the show. Looking forward to watching season 2 now that we have those!
New Addition to the Family
We've been talking about a puppy for a while. BUT, since Chris' sister had a whole litter of Labradoodle's...I convinced Chris that we need to get Jessica one for Christmas. She is super cute and Jessica named her Bella. She's super smart and already sleeping (mostly) through the night. If she does get up early (between 4:30 and 5:30...I just sleep on the couch with her.) Here's a picture of her and Jessica this morning! Jessica loves her! We think she'll look more like a lab than a poodle and can't wait to watch her grow.
Ongoing Project Update
Jessica got an American Girl Doll for Christmas. I had hoped to postpone this purchase for a year or two more but both her older cousins and her best friend Emma have American Girl Dolls! So...you know how that goes. Chris made her this bunk bed (Ana White AG Doll Bunkbed) and I've bought the materials for the bedding to hopefully make this week. I also want to learn to use some of the building tools we have, so I'm planning on making this picnic table for her with Chris' help. I'm looking forward to these projects and will try and post pictures of them when complete!
Household Organization
I feel like every room in my house is a disaster. I can't even get a Diet Coke from the fridge in the garage without tripping over something that doesn't even below there! My goal is to start organizing one room or area at a time. It will be a LOT of work! I started on the "junk counter" the other day. This is the area of counter space just inside the garage door. We end up dumping everything here and it's always out of control. The top is at least cleaned off a bit now. Today I tackled putting the DVDs into the built in cabinet and organizing all the games in the same area.
Super boring life details, but important stuff to me just the same. I've had a great day off with my husband and daughter and know now I'm going to really miss having her around all the time when school starts back later this week.

2 comments:
Glad to see you writing again! Happy New Year!
Thanks Christy! I love reading yours all the time. You are great inspiration! I hope your mom is doing better! I'm keeping her in my prayers.
Post a Comment