Thursday, January 15, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I haven't blogged in a long, long time. Although I do keep up with the blogs I read each day. I come to my blog space and stare at the last blog and then think...I'll think of something to say tomorrow. A lot is going on in my life at the moment so I guess I'll start with an update. It's long...but that's OK.

We started the Christmas celebrations by getting together with Chris' family on Friday night the 19th. It was a wonderful time and it was great to have his whole family together. All the cousins played and we enjoyed a great evening of games. The next night was the annual Perez (my mom and step-dad) family Christmas and it was wonderful as well. We ate, enjoyed each other's company, opened presents and had a great afternoon and evening. The cousin's got to enjoy each other and play which is always nice. And what was even better was that all 4 girls were together. I think they all had a great time. One can never quite be sure when there's a teenager involved. :-)


Kayla, Samantha, Jenna, and Jessica


We decided to get away for Christmas this year. We left the Perez Christmas party and headed to Florida. We took Jessica to Disney World for the first time. She loved it. We spent 2 days in the Magic Kingdom and just took our time between rides, etc. It was a lot of fun and we should have more pictures soon. Here is just one of my favorites.


Jessica and I on the Tea Cups


We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, which was beautiful...and we would highly recommend it. All the Christmas decorations were wonderful and we can't wait to go back in a few years and stay at the campground. It will be a few years because apparently in order to stay at the campground at Christmas you must book years in advance and also bring a wide assortment of Disney-themed blowup decorations. We currently have just one lone Disney blowup of Mickey with a present...so I guess we'll have to add quickly and start collecting.


One of the camping sites...


The rest of the Christmas Holiday was spent in Bradenton, Florida with my aunt and uncle and my dad. It was a wonderful time and we felt very blessed to be with family that we don't get to see and spent time with very often. Jessica had a blast feeding the birds (seagulls) with my aunt by the water and still talks about it almost each day.


Dad, Aunt Niki, and Jessica feeding seagulls in the back yard.


As to the rest of life... I'm ramping up to my busy time at work...we are about to close on a new house...trying to pack up the old one and all the junk we have stashed around the place...Jessica has been sick...Chris has been sick...my mom is stressed out...and my brother is going through a divorce. It makes me very sad for him and his family and for all of those involved. Divorce is never an easy thing and it always has such an impact on kids.

I want to fix all these stresses and hurts but realize that is not a job for me. I'd like to say that I've been closer to God during these past few weeks but the truth is I've been further away. It's so hard sometimes...but deep down I know that He is in control and that only He can fix these issues and heal the wounds. But I let myself and my (not so nice sometimes) thoughts get in the way. But I'm determined to keep praying and keep pursuing God. I know He is there. Which always reminds me of one of my favorite poems... (I was about to put in the last few lines of the poem to which I was referring, however when I found the poem on the web...there is of course a bunch of copyright info...) So here's a link...Footprints in the Sand by Mary Stevenson. HE carries Us. Amen.

So my prayer for this year and always...may God meet us where we are and bless us each day. I know He is with me...is He with you? I certainly hope so.

Blessings and Joy for the New Year!
~Yvette~

1 comment:

Christy Duffy said...

Yea! A new post!

Thanks for the fun Christmas update, and I'm sorry for the sorrow in your life right now.