Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Grateful Daily

A friend of mine has a photo blog that she does *each day* called Grateful Daily. This is such a wonderful idea. She posts the greatest picutes...like running water or her kids or her dog. I LOVE looking at all the photos she takes and reading about her life and family. She has such great ideas (and is a great inspiration to me)...a few of which I have copied. Like...making these great cupcakes (although I've only made them once and I'm sure they weren't near as good as hers)... or getting Christmas books to wrap and read each day of December (although I've only ordered 5 or so to start)...or writing a blog each day...(which as we all know is lucky to get written once a month). And I hope she realizes that even though we rarely get to talk I do keep up with her posts and enjoy them so much.

I love the idea of "grateful daily". But I know I'll never get the camera out and I'll never keep up with posting each day. So...as I sit here about to fall asleep on my laptop...I thought I would at least list a few things that I am so grateful for each daily.

My wonderful family - there are members of my family right now going through such a horrible and painful experience and I just want them to know that I am grateful for them being in my life and I pray that they find their answers...the ones that God wants for them. (It occurs to me that they don't actually read - or probably know - about my blog...but that is OK. I'll talk to God about it and let Him handle it.)

My husband -- isn't it easy sometimes to get caught up with life and forget what a joy being together can be?

My beautiful daughter -- each day I look at her and am amazed at how she's changed and grown. I'm not sure how I will handle the next 20 years. There are times I want her to stay exactly like she is today...and then of course I want her to grow and change. It is the most wonderful experience getting to watch her.

Those are just a few things that I am grateful for daily. There are many, many more. My hope is that everyone can remember to be grateful daily.

Wishing you all a blessed Christmas season.
~Yvette~

No comments: