Saturday, August 30, 2008

"Where Tradegy Confronts Eternity"


Hi all. I haven't blogged in forever. I've been busy with work, Jessica, and life as usual. A lot has been going on. Most recently I attended my 20th high school reunion that was wonderful. I'm so glad I went and was able to visit with so many old friends. But - that is not the topic of this blog. This blog is about the book The Shack by William P. Young. My mom recently invited me to attend one of the book club sessions that she goes to. The book this month is The Shack. I download the unabridged version from Audible.com and began listening on our morning commute. I don't want to give away the book - but you MUST get it and read it. It was wonderful. I've just received my paper copy in the mail so that I can read through it again. While this book is obviously fiction - I think it could be a pretty accurate description of God. Here's a quote from the back...

"THE SHACK is the most absorbing work of fiction I've read in many years. My wife and I laughed, cried, and repented of our own lack of faith along the way. THE SHACK will leave you craving for the presence of God." - Michael W. Smith, recording artist

That sums it up. Reading this book, or rather, listening to this book has given me a renewed desire to seek God. I think it would be excellent for those old and new in their faith as well as those seeking.

Check it out. Let me know if you read it and what your thoughts are.


2 comments:

Christy Duffy said...

Glad to see a new post from you!

I read The Shack recently and I, too, enjoyed it greatly. Aside from the obvious theological problems I enjoyed reading Young's take on the Trinity and how God relates to us.

Keep posting!

Yazmin said...

Ah-hah! Explains why you wanted me to let you know what I thought once I finished. :) Still working through it though...