Well....the "idea" of blogging was much better than actually getting it accomplished. When I first decided to start a blog I thought it would be no big deal to find something to "talk" about each day. I think my last post was well over a year ago. But I sit here tonight, contemplating a Monday morning that I'm not really looking forward to...and thought I'd make a post. We will just have to see how long it will last. Here on my thoughts on a lot of things...
So...what's new?
The House. Well one year in the new house and it is awesome. Although sweeping and mopping this "dream" house is not such a dream. I long for the day when I can get a cleaning service. We love the town and the area. And we love our new home. I am slowly painting and decorating and making it ours. Next on the list: finish painting Jessica's room, give Chris' office a makeover including a new desk and LOTS of organization, paint the downstairs bath, and finish my bonus room. Not too much...but should keep me busy. Oh...and somehow win the lottery so I can give the backyard and basement a makeover too!
Chris. The good news is... his Crohn's is in remission. This is wonderful news really. He is feeling so much better and has starting racing again! Can't wait for a more regular camping/racing schedule!
Jessica. She is turning 4 and the birthday party prep is in full swing. I can't wait to see the look on her face when she sees her present. Pictures in the next few weeks!!!!! She is such a smart girl. I was talking with Chris tonight about Easter and can only wonder how long it will be until the magic is gone. I'm guessing now that it will be before she turns 6. She starts pre-K in August and I can hardly believe that 4 years have flown by. She is my angel and has truly saved me. To borrow a quote from a friend...it's amazing to see your own heart walking around outside your body. She makes me smile...and cry on a daily basis.
Me. Well...I stay busy all the time. Not enough time actually to get it all done. I find myself constantly envious of those I know who do not have to work outside the home. I have a great job and am very thankful for it. But...there are days...when I dread the thought of having to go to work. I dream and plan all the things I want/need to do and then by the time I'm done with my regular day I'm usually so exhausted I just sit. But...let's see...here's the list of what I want to do...finish Jessica's quilt and room, finish the dress and top I'm sewing for us (yes - they match...I've waited my whole life to be able to do the matching thing - LOL)...finish decorating and painting, learn more about photography...read, read, read....travel...garden...spend more time with family and friends. And then there is the upcoming big 4-0. Really? I'm positive I was just 15 dreaming of the day I'd turn 16. I think it really hits home when the kids you use to baby sit are getting married and having kids of their own. And in my mind I'm still that young and super skinny 16 year old. It's only when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror that I wonder where she went.
Family. I wish we all lived closer...and could spend each day together. I'm so very thankful that I have my parents and all my family and that we do get together and get to spend time together. I'm looking forward to Easter and Jessica's birthday when we can all be together again. And I will miss those that can't be with us SOOOO much.
Friends. I wish I could make the time to see my friends more often...and as the case is a lot - more than once every year or so. Why is it that life gets in the way? I have friends that I think of daily and yet can barely find (...make) the time to answer emails and say hello. My only hope is that they know I love them and think of them often. There are those I have had and lost...and those I have and will always have. I wish I could hug each one daily and just say I love you. For those that happen to read this post -- I think of you all the time and miss you and love you!
I guess that's it for tonight...so much for my Sunday evening rambling thoughts. I hope everyone has a wonderful week, and Easter! Let us all thank God for the blessings he has given us...for the gift of Life...for the gift of His Son...for our families and friends. They do mean so much even IF we don't get to see them or speak to them every day. We can remember them in our prayers and thoughts.
Until another time...
~yvette~
No comments:
Post a Comment